Spectrum Birth Services Community & Causes
We truly believe it takes a village to nurture and support all expectant and soon-to-be expectant parents. It is our mission at Spectrum Birth to change the world one newborn family at a time. We operate from the abundance perspective –there are enough clients for all childbirth educators, birth and postpartum doulas, midwives, lactation counselors, prenatal yoga instructors, mother/baby chiropractors, and ad infinitum. We work to connect our sisters and brothers in the birth field in an effort to truly empower and nurture all expectant families. Below is a list of the community and birth causes we have coordinated and support.
The Alliance of Childbirth Educators-STL (ACE-STL)
ACE-STL was founded in November of 2012 by eight childbirth educators representing 6 different childbirth education philosophies and methods. Today ACE-STL is made up of over forty childbirth educators representing over 20 different types of philosophies and methods
ImprovingBirth.org, Labor Day Birth Rally 2012-Present
The Labor Day Birth Rally is held on Labor Day every year. The goals of the rally include:
- Uniting birth professionals from around the St. Louis Metro Area
- Standing together in support of evidence based maternity care
- Informing the public of the truth about birth and what is possible
- Empowering all expectant and young families
- Supporting each other and our diversity
Meet The Birth Professional Teas & Panels, 2014-Present
We bring together groups of birth professionals for expectant and soon-to-be-expectant families to meet and learn more about their perspective fields. Meet the Midwife Tea brought together St. Louis’s most amazing certified nurse midwives and certified professional midwives for a packed house of curious expectant families. Some of the Teas & Panels include:
- Meet the Birth Doulas
- Meet the Postpartum Support Professionals
- Meet the Wellness Birth Professionals (Chiropractors,Acupuncturists, etc.)
- Meet the OB/GYNs and Labor & Delivery Nurses
9 Month Club
Local birth professionals and other expectant moms come together for chats about all things pregnancy and beyond.
- Connect with other expectant moms
- Find local businesses and organizations that support expectant and young families
- Learn more about the pregnancy, birth and postpartum supports in St. Louis
- Ask knowledgeable birth professionals about any and all pregnancy and birth related issues
Spectrum Moms Circle
Join experienced moms and trained facilitators Julia Cooper & Kim Martino-Sexton for lively, open, honest, and informative discussions about all things baby, parenting and more. Julia and Kim bring over 30 years of information and experience about postpartum, breastfeeding, newborn nutrition, sleep/transitions, spousal relationship, and more to the circle.
- A community of women who “get it”
- A safe space for all different types of parenting, feeding, sleep and diapering styles
- Laughter and tears shared by all because “we have been there and we get it”
- Practical suggestions for modern moms by modern moms
Spectrum Birth Services Professional Development Opportunities
We believe in a collaborative and abundant birth community that places mom at the center of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. We work side-by-side with doctors, nurses, midwives, and other professionals to ensure professional collaboration through the below offerings:
Spectrum Birth Perspective Gatherings: Monthly peer review gatherings designed for birth and postpartum professionals. Opportunities to support one another, process birth experiences, and help each other maintain sustainable birth businesses.
Spectrum Birth 7 Keys Workshop: The art of doulaship and boosting your budding St. Louis doula business.
Spectrum Birth Community Panels: Diverse members of our birth community sharing their wisdom, experiences, and more. OB/GYNs, Midwives, Doulas, Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Acupuncturists, Perinatal Behavioral Specialists, and more are welcome.
For more information about any of these events or activities, please contact us.