Spectrum’s Birth & New Baby Classes
At Spectrum Birth, we believe childbirth education is at the heart of your parenting journey. We approach childbirth from a wellness perspective, teaching about the physiology of birth with evidence-based information and practical strategies. Preparing for the kind of birth you envision, exploring your needs and wants, choosing who will support you and how, and understanding which medical interventions you do or do not want is extremely important for both you and your baby. Our specific brand of childbirth education is essential to help you arrive at your answers.
What is childbirth education?
Our childbirth education services are designed to empower and prepare expectant parents for hospital, birth center, or home birth experience through informative, evidence-based, and interactive classes. Class topics include everything you need to know about nutrition, exercise, sex, relaxation, labor, partner support, birth, breastfeeding, and strategies for the first six weeks postpartum. Our classes include just the right mix of entertaining discussions, activities, videos, and snacks to keep things lively and fun.
Some topics that will be covered:
- Pregnancy and newborn nutrition
- Wellness vs. Abnormality
- Pregnancy sex education
- Stages and Phases of labor
- Anatomy & Physiology of birth
- Comfort measures in labor
- Partner support
- Common challenges and interventions in labor and birth
- Decision-making during labor
- Parenting foundations
- What to expect after baby is born and for the first 6 weeks postpartum
- Medical options including medications and the choices available for epidurals and Cesarean Sections
Who can benefit from childbirth education?
While our classes are open to all parents and parents-to-be, they are ideal for first time expectant parents, couples preparing for a VBAC, couples preparing for a more natural experience after a medicated/medical birth, and couples expecting multiples.
What makes Spectrum Birth’s childbirth education unique?
There is a plethora of pregnancy, labor, and birth information out there. By weeding out the fluff, we’re able to provide you with the essential information to make your own well-informed birth choices. We explore the entire birth process from a wellness perspective and deliver the information in a supportive and accepting setting. This unbiased approach fosters a welcoming environment that better supports your unique journey. In addition, our educators have years of extensive labor doula, birth education, and postpartum experience to bring to the classroom. We translate the facts and our experiences into easy-to-apply strategies, infused with just enough humor to keep you at ease.
Childbirth Education Options and Pricing:
Childbirth Education Course of Your Choosing
- A comprehensive, evidence-based, fun experience. Learn about labor, birth, coping skills, relationship enhancement and life with baby in a comfortable atmosphere in a small group. Snacks, videos, games, activities, and lending library options are available.
- 6 week, one class/week format: $300
- 2-day intensive weekend course: $300
- Private classes, designed around your schedule: $450
Find a class that is right for you today!