Spectrum Birth Doulas
The word “doula” comes from ancient Greek traditions and means “woman helper.” Historically, women have always been attended and supported by other women during labor. Today, that support comes in the form of a doula.
What is a doula?
A doula is a non-medical professional with specialized training who supports women and their families through pregnancy, childbirth, and the immediate postpartum period. Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier, mothers are less likely to receive labor-stimulating hormones, are more likely to be satisfied with the birth experience, and are less likely to deliver by cesarean surgery.
What is a Spectrum Birth doula?
A Spectrum Birth doula is your objective, clear-headed, and thoughtful guide through the birth and immediate postpartum experience. We provide expertly curated doulas who provide emotional and physical support, assist with advocacy, and provide practical support in the form of massage, labor and birth positions, and other forms of comfort.
Our highly trained and experienced doulas work with your birth team to provide a supportive atmosphere by incorporating your birth wishes and building rapport with the staff. Each of the Spectrum Birth doulas brings a unique skill-set to your birth that cannot be duplicated. We support any and all decisions that you make and believe that all clients deserve:
- to be shown respect
- to be offered choice
- to be lovingly supported
- to be informed
- to have a haven, a safe space, where their individual birth journey unfolds.
Things you should know
- At Spectrum Birth we believe that the mother is the center of her birth experience. Our focus is the mother’s overall state of wellbeing — including physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and environmental.
- We are fully committed to your birth experience. Labor is inherently messy, and your doula is there to help. Our doulas respond to the mother’s needs and will support the mother’s choices, because the mama is QUEEN.
- A doula wears many hats: birth educator, birth encyclopedia, Zen master, buffer, Sherpa, massage therapist, cheerleader, and transition specialist. A doula is a rock star supporter of YOU and your choices! We mirror the goals you have when you forget. A doula is your champion.
Who Can Benefit from a Doula?
Everyone involved in the process—from the woman birthing the baby to grandparents, siblings, adoptive parents, doctors, and nurses.
Birth Doula Options and Pricing:
For all package options, your doula:
- is available 24/7 upon contract signing to support you along your pregnancy, birth and postpartum journey via text, phone, and email
- is eager to answer your questions, listen to your concerns, suggest alternatives, and provide reassurance when needed
- may suggest books from our Spectrum Birth lending library, community resources, evidence-based research, and practical strategies as you navigate your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum journey
- provides a wellness perspective that ensures a calm voice of reason in any situation, under any circumstance
- will provide uniquely tailored active labor, birth, and immediate postpartum physical, emotional, and informational support – at home, hospital, or birth center – from the moment you think you are in labor until you are settled in as a newborn family
- is a Certified Lactation Consultant ready to assist with all breastfeeding needs
- Much more!
Option #1 – $1300
- 2 Prenatal and 2 Postpartum visits
- 8 hours of In-Home Postpartum Doula Care
Option #2 – $1100
- 2 Prenatal and 2 Postpartum visits
Option #3 – $900
- 1 Prenatal and 1 Postpartum visit
***$100 Discount on any Doula Package if you take a Spectrum Childbirth Education Series***
Reserve your doula today!